To monitor and manage your storage, you will need to access the Hard Disk group on the setup. The settings and their functions are explained below.
This tab shows you details of the current storage situation of your NVR. The total capacity and the available free space can be monitored from this tab alongside options to add and more storage.
Navigation: Setup > Hard Disk > Hard Disk
- Refresh: Activating this option refreshes the list.
- Add: Allows for the addition of a connected hard disk.
- Format: Erases the data of a hard disk by formatting partitions.
- Configure: Allows you to determine the read/write properties of each drive.
This tab allows the creation and management of Disk Groups. A handy tool if managing a large number of Hard Disks and to simplify storage allocation.
Navigation: Setup > Hard Disk > Disk Group
- Disk Group: Allows the creation of disk groups.
The disk group feature allows us to assign hard disks to a disk group and use the disk group to store recordings and snapshots of specified cameras. Different arrays can be assigned to different disk groups. Redundant disks cannot be assigned to any disk group. Disk group information will be initialized if any disk in the group is formatted.
This tab allows setting a maximum storage allocation for each camera on a disk group.
Navigation: Setup > Hard Disk > Allocate Space
- Select Camera: Select which camera to configure.
- Disk Group: Specifies which disk group to configure the camera for.
- Max Recording Space: Determines the allocated storage size in GB for video recordings.
- Max Image Space: Determines the allocated storage size in GB for image snapshots.
- Copy: Allows copying of configuration to selected cameras.
This tab will determine what the Network Video Recorder will do once the Hard Disk Drives are full and new footage needs to be saved. Setting this to Overwrite should allow the NVR to delete older footage to make space for new ones to be saved while setting this to Stop will prevent any new recordings to be saved.
Navigation: Setup > Hard Disk > Advanced
- HDD Full: Determines whether to overwrite old recordings or stop once the HDD is full.