This guide will explain each step to set up email alerts on a Uniview NVR using a Gmail account
If you would like to receive E-mail alerts whenever an event has occurred, we recommend using a Gmail account. It’s free, secure, and easy to configure. If you don’t already have a Gmail account you can create one here.
First, you’ll need to make sure that your Gmail account is configured to allow "less secure apps" to send E-mail to your account from the NVR.
1. Log into Gmail with your user name and password, then click on your account icon in the top right. Our account has been customized with the Nelly’s "N". Yours might have a default user icon.
2. Then click on the "My Account" button:
3. Then click on "Sign-in & Security" on the left:
4. 2-Step Verification: Turn off 2 Step Verification if it's enabled, otherwise the setting you need to enable will not be displayed.
5. Now scroll down several lines, near the bottom and you’ll find "Allow less secure apps". Make sure this is set to "ON". Click the blue slider-button on the right if it's off. Make sure it says "ON" before you finish.
6. Now that less secure apps is enabled the next step is to log into your NVR by opening a web browser and typing in the IP address. Alternately, if you have the EZTools software you can click the "e" icon on the right to open the NVR in a web browser.
7. Once you're logged in to the NVRs web interface go to Setup->Network->Email. (Click to view full size)
8. First turn the Server Authentication to On, this is required by Gmail. Next insert each field as explained below:
Username: Full Gmail email address (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password: Password to your Gmail email
SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Port: 587 - Check the TLS/SSL box
Snapshot Interval: Check the box to attach a snapshot to the email when an event has occurred
Sender's Address: Full Gmail email address
Select Recipient: Here you can choose to send to multiple people
Recipient: The name of the person receiving the email alerts
Recipient Address: Full Gmail email address of the person that will receive the email alerts
Schedule: Whenever you want the emails to send. By default they are set to send all day every day if they are triggered.
9. Once all the information is in click Save. Next click the Test button next to "Recipient Address" to send a test email to the specified email address.
10. Lastly, you will need to check the "Send Email" box for the event you want to trigger the alerts. (Motion Detection, Cross Line Detection, etc)
If you want to set up email alerts for regular motion detection go to Camera->Motion. The check box can be found under the Trigger Actions tab.