The Default Uniview admin Password is "123456". However, this can be changed upon setup or even accidentally!
If the default password doesn’t work then you will have a few methods of troubleshooting this issue in
order to get back into your system. Your first step should be to contact your installer. Most installers
have a standard password that they assign to units they install and may be able to help resolve this for
you simply. If they do not have it then you can move on to other solutions.
Method 1. Via EZView App
- Open the EZView application
- Click the three lines in the top-left of the screen, this will bring out a pop-out menu. Select Local Config which should be the second option from the bottom.
- In the configuration screen, select the Forget Device Password which is also the second option from the bottom.
- This will open the camera of your phone if you have allowed the application to do so.
- On the unit, go to the login screen. In the bottom-right corner is the Forgot password button. Click this.
- Or From the Web Interface, select Forgot Password on the login Page
- Now using your phone scan the QR code that has been generated on the screen. This will produce a temporary password for you to use on the unit. it will be emailed to the account you set upon initial setup.
- The Web Interface will produce the same QR Code
- Type in the temporary password that the is sent via email and type it into the field. After clicking okay, you will be prompted to change the password.
- The Web Interface will prompt to change the password as well before signing in
Method 2. Via EZCloud Service
The EZCloud service is Uniview’s P2P service which allows users to remotely view their units no matter
where you are (assuming you have a connection to the internet!). There are a few ways to add your unit
to the cloud service which is covered in other tutorials available on our website. This tutorial will assume
you have already added the device to your cloud account.
- Go to en.ezcloud.uniview.com
- Log into your cloud account using your credentials.
- Your devices should be listed on the screen under My Cloud Devices
- Click the Retrieve password option on the same line as your recorder.
- You will land on a screen which requires a verification code. To have the code sent to the e-mail associated with your account click the acquire button next to your e-mail.
- Open your e-mail. Within a minute or two the verification code will arrive. Retrieve the verification code and type it into the EZCloud window where the verification code is requested. Note: The verification code is only valid for 30 minutes after clicking the acquire button.
- After putting in the verification code, the website will generate a temporary password just for today’s date. Type this on your unit and log in.